Check out this afternoon of education and fellowship as leading steelhead scientists provide updates and answer questions about steelhead populations, recovery activities, and angling considerations in southern California.
This interactive workshop will:
· inform anglers about the latest scientific data and understanding of steelhead biology and populations
· discuss the impacts of drought and human water use on steelhead
· review the history of southern steelhead restoration efforts as well as current recovery plans and actions
· clarify fisheries management obligations, policies, and regulations
· discuss implications of southern steelhead recovery efforts on angling opportunities
· provide extensive question-and-answer opportunities
· offer a complimentary snack and beverage social hour
The panel of steelhead experts represents some of the world’s foremost authorities on steelhead biology and management – and some are avid steelhead anglers, too. They will help workshop participants to better understand how steelhead science is helping to protect wild populations, identify priority restoration objectives, and engage the angling community to help enhance and sustain steelhead fisheries.
Date: Saturday, Sept. 26
Time: noon – 4 p.m.
Location: Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach, CA (100 Aquarium Way Long Beach, CA 90802)
Cost: FREE **Free admission is on the honor system. If you are only attending the event, please tell the entry staff that you are here for the steelhead science workshop. If you plan to come early or stay after the event to enjoy the Aquarium, please purchase an admission ticket.
RSVP: Please register HERE